During this 6 week course, you will:
- Gain knowledge of how to lead a DBT skills training program in your clinical practice.
- Master the art of teaching the 5 DBT skills modules adapted for adolescents and families, including mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation, interpersonal effectiveness and walking the middle path skills.
- Learn the roles and functions of the DBT skills trainer in a multi-family group, a single-family session, an individual session, or a crisis coaching interaction.
- Understand the distinct roles of the DBT skills group leader and co-leader, how to manage therapy-interfering behaviors that occur during skills training, and how to conduct a graduation ceremony for teens and families who complete their skills course.
- Learn about the developmental considerations in applying DBT to adolescents, and learn how to approach the unique challenges of implementing DBT skills with teens and families.
To learn more, please click here.