Individuals who are not renewing for the upcoming registration year can advise NLCSW via MyNLCSW. A ‘not renewing’ option is available on the welcome page following login. As part of this process, individuals must provide a reason for not renewing.
Applicants who reapply for active registration within the first year after their registration has lapsed must meet requirements for reinstatement including:
- Completion of the reinstatement application via MyNLCSW, including submission of all applicable fees.
- Submission of a criminal record certificate/check with vulnerable sector inquiry, produced within the last 3 months.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the reinstatement process.
Re-entry to Practice Exam
As required under the Social Workers Regulations, applicants who have been previously registered as a social worker but let their registration lapse for 3 years or more must successfully complete the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) exam as a condition of active registration.
For previous registrants in NL, the three years is counted from the date that social work registration in NL expired. Registration expires annually on February 28th.
For those registered previously with another regulatory body, three years is counted from the date that the registration with that regulatory body expired as indicated on the verification of registration form
- Exam process: This NLCSW graphic provides a breakdown of the steps required to write the exam as well as some general exam information. PLEASE NOTE: ASWB is currently transitioning to a new exam administrator. Please contact the NLCSW office to obtain more information regarding Step 3 of the exam process.
- Exam Guidebook : Learn everything you need to know about taking an ASWB social work licensing exam.
- Online Practice Test: ASWB offers full-scale online practice tests for purchase. The tests are available for registered exam candidates only.