As a registrant of the NLCSW, you are demonstrating your commitment to providing safe, ethical, and competent social work services. Meeting registration and renewal requirements, adhering to a code of ethics and standards of practice, and engaging in ongoing continuing education assures members of the public that they are receiving services from qualified social work professionals.
Active registration with NLCSW grants the Registered Social Worker (RSW) designation which is required to use the title social worker or to practice within the scope of the social work profession in this province.
Active Renewal Fee
- Mid-January: RSWs are notified by email when online renewal is open. A separate email is issued to RSWs who have been randomly selected for a CPE audit
- February 15: Administrative deadline to submit online renewal (midnight Island time). A $50 late fee will be applied to active renewals received after this date.
- February 28: Legislative deadline to submit online renewal (midnight Island time). A $100 late fee will be applied to active renewals received after this date.
- Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Policy: Annual CPE requirements are detailed in the policy including details regarding the credit system and how to use it.
- CPE Policy Addendum: This document is intended to assist RSWs record CPE credits for renewal by providing examples under each of the credit categories.
- Department of Children, Seniors, and Social Development: RSWs employed with the department can use this NLCSW resource to determine the number of hours that can be claimed for completion of individual training modules.
- Renewal FAQ: This module addresses many of the common inquiries received from RSWS regarding the renewal process.
- Ensure your email is up to date with NLCSW. All notices regarding renewal will be issued via email. Emails can be updated at anytime during the registration year using MyNLCSW’s Update My Profile option.
- Login credentials for MyNLCSW include your 4-digit registration number and unique password. A forgot my registration number/password option is available on the login screen. Password reset requests received by NLCSW staff are responded to during regular business hours.
- The renewal fee can be paid via MyNLCSW using Visa or MasterCard. RSWs who avail of payroll deduction through their employer in the preceding calendar year will be pre-identified in the online system.
- NLCSW registrants automatically become affiliated with the Canadian Association of Social Workers (CASW) and renew this affiliation each year through the NLCSW renewal process. Following renewal, names and emails are released to the CASW unless registrants indicate otherwise by contacting the NLCSW office.