As required under the Social Workers Regulations, applicants in the following categories must successfully complete the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) as a condition of active registration:
- Graduated from an accredited social work program more than 3 years ago and have never been registered: The 3 years is counted from the date the degree was conferred as indicated on the official degree transcript.
- Previously registered as a social worker but let registration lapse for 3 years or more: For previous registrants in NL, the 3 years is counted from the date that social work registration in NL expired. Registration expires annually on February 28th. For those registered previously with another regulatory body, 3years is counted from the date that the registration with that regulatory body expired as indicated on the verification of registration form.
- Exam process: This NLCSW graphic provides a breakdown of the steps required to write the exam as well as some general exam information. PLEASE NOTE: ASWB is currently transitioning to a new exam administrator. Please contact the NLCSW office to obtain more information regarding Step 3 of the exam process.
- Exam Guidebook : Learn everything you need to know about taking an ASWB social work licensing exam.
- Online Practice Test: ASWB offers full-scale online practice tests for purchase. The tests are available for registered exam candidates only.